Sunday, February 15, 2015

Generation 2 Intermission

     It's been a few years since I found out about my secret daughter and admitted to myself that I love her mother.  Even though we signed papers at City Hall, Emrys I had a ceremony simply to celebrate with our family a few years later.


     Mom and Dad have grown older in the years following.


     Mom's still writing.  She's published a bazillion books by now.  Her most popular series is about a couple of secret agents who save the world while making it on time to their children's soccer games.  I have no idea where she gets her inspiration from.


     Dad's retired from the Agency.  Before retiring he established a training school where we take in older teens and young adults to begin teaching the skills needed for jobs as bodyguards and investigators.


     Amy's amazing.  She's moved on from the violin to the piano.  She loves music and has begun writing her own songs.  Nothing that would get recorded today but she's got a future ahead of her.


     Saffron finally wore our parents down and they bought her a giant microscope for her birthday.  She's all science.  Dad and I are just breathing easy that no boy has turned her head yet, so we've not had to put the fear of us into them.  Sadly, it's only a matter of time.


     Becks and Rickie moved into my old house with Hunter, Toya and their adopted daughter, Shana.  Toya's been good with the boy and they've built up a friendship based on a shared love of computers.  If you ask me I think Toya's trying to recruit him into the technical aspects of the Agency already.  Shana is more like Hunter.  They're in the middle of a prank war so the rest of us are keeping out of their way while they go at it.


     After her uncle's arrest Emrys pulled out of the company completely.  Her whole purpose in the Agency was to gather the evidence needed to arrest her uncle.  Emrys worked with Dad to set up and now she's running the School.  She's teaching the next generation of agents,


     As for me, Hunter and I run the Agency now.  He handles the fieldwork and supervising the agents out in the field while I've taken over the day to day office work.  I meet with clients and filter through the information we collect with our techie agents.

     It's not what I thought I would be doing as a teen with big dreams of outer space but it gives me more time to spend with my wife and daughter.  Besides if I ever get the urge to go out to space again I can grab my girls and take off in the old rusty rocket I built as a teen.

                                                                                                    
Random Ramblings

   So generation 2 has officially finished.  I'm gonna take a publishing break until the beginning of March to write the story for generation 3.  Saffron, Amy and Shana need to grow up before I can start the next story.  But I'm doing a rotation play with another family whose story I am writing too.

   You can check out the Drimagard's story until then.

7 comments:

  1. Aw, love that they got married but the parents are dying. So sad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone grows older. It's a sad fact of my sims lives but I don't much like playing with ageing off (unless I'm writing and taking pictures for the story, but then I'm not playing) It will be tough to see Lean and Ray go. They're like my babies since I started out the blog with them and I've developed their characters so much. I'm glad this isn't a traditional legacy story so I don't have to dwell too much on their dying. (If they're still alive when Amy grows to YA they will be part of the story. If not then not)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand they have to grow old and die, it's just that we've seen them since the beginning and them not being around will take time to get used to.

      Delete
    2. I get to still enjoy them in my game for the time being, they just became elders so hopefully they'll hang around for a while yet...maybe I'll save them so I can resurrect them for the story....hmm. I'm gonna try and see if they can't make cameo appearances in my other story since it will be tied into the O'Malley's in the future. Or maybe I can keep playing with aging turned off...but that gets old fast for me. I like the 'living' aspect of the generational game.

      Delete
    3. I like that they grow up too, it's just that is too fast lol. That's why I wanted to start a disney princess challenge because I wanted to see them grow up and have kids and for them to have kids and have a big family tree but I couldn't make it past the first generation.

      Delete
  3. Used to have that problem but not in this game. Amy is the sixth generation born in game. Never got that far before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!
      I just started the Disney Princess challenge again, first baby is born so I'm hoping this time I'll make it far

      Delete