Sunday, November 2, 2014

Chapter 1.13: The Ceremony

     After they made the decision Rachael and Cerulean began making plans to celebrate with a small private wedding.  It was going well until they told Patrick about their plans.  Patrick insisted on a big affair with everyone from both of their families there to witness it.

     They spent the next three months planning and preparing.  Rhidian, who had finished his classes, was hired to cater the event.  Chairs, tables, a bar and a wedding arch were rented and set up in the back yard of the O'Malley house.


     Rachael woke up early the morning of her wedding and dressed with anticipation.  Still hours early she was checking the fit of her dress in the mirror when someone knocked on her bedroom door.

     "Come in," she called and turned to watch her sisters enter the room.  She frowned at their pinched faces.  "What's wrong," she asked sitting down on her bed.

     River climbed up next to her and hugged her while Rebecca spoke, "Now that you're getting married do we have to move out with daddy?"

     "No," Rachael said in surprise, "Lean and I want all of you to stay here with us.  Why would you think we would make you leave."

     "I heard you talking to daddy," River whispered, "You said we were going to stay with Uncle Michael after the wedding.  Doesn't that mean you want us to leave."


     Rachael shook her head.  "No sweetie," she began hugging her baby sister, "I didn't mean forever."

     "So we are going to live at Uncle Michael's," Rebecca asked.

     Rachael hugged Rebecca too, "while Lean and I are on our honeymoon you guys are going to stay with Uncle Michael and Ochre will be with his aunt and uncle, but once we return we are all going to be living here again."

     "Lean and I want to make some improvements to the house so that it's bigger and everyone has enough room here for all our things.  While we are gone the workers will be fixing the house and you two, Rhidian and Patrick will need to stay with our uncle.  As soon as the workers are done you can come home."

     "Really Ray?" Rebecca asked.

     "Yes, Becks.  This is your home.  The only time you will need to leave is when you want to and not a moment before."

     Another knock on the door had all the girls turning as Patrick opened the door.

     "So this is where you girls got to, Rhidian needs some help moving the food outside.  Can you girls go help him?"

     "Yes, Daddy," they said in unison and filed out the door.


     "Look at you," Patrick said, "you look so like your mother on our wedding day."

     Rachael smiled as he sat on the bed next to her.  "I remember.  She said that it was the second happiest day of her life and that there never was a happier sim who lived."

     "Only the second," Patrick asked. "Ahh," he nodded, "the day you were born being the first.  She was right about that."

     "I miss her Patrick," she whispered and clutched her hands in her lap. "I wish she could have been here today."

     He reached over and clasped her hands, "your mother is with us in spirit every day.  I look at the boys who have her passion for creative pursuits, your sisters who have her wits and then you.  You, Rachael, have her heart.  Your mother's legacy wasn't her music and her records.  You children are her legacy and you would make her so very proud.  You have made me proud and I am honored to stand in for your father today."

     "Patrick you're not standing in for my father.  You are my father.  Everyday since you married my mom you have been the only father I have ever known.  You were everything my little girls heart needed in her dad and I am so thankful for that."

     Patrick silently nodded patting her hand and Rachael blinked back tears while trying to smile.  In that moment they said everything they needed to without saying a word.


     The ceremony was sweet and heartfelt.  Rachael smiled as Cerulean slipped the ring on her finger.

     Promises aside, it was the everyday work they put into building their relationship she trusted.  She knew that whatever their future held they were going to face it together.  With the words spoken Rachael kissed Cerulean as their families cheered


     Cerulean took her hand and they turned to face their family.  "Everyone it's time to party," he called and Rachael laughed.

     Good food, good drink, and good music kept everyone happy and the party going.  Rachael looked over as Mags waved her over from the other side of the rented dance floor.

     "You're leaving," Rachael asked walking over to her with Cerulean following.


     "Yeah.  Lean has the next week off but Viridian and I have to get back to work tomorrow.  I am so happy he found you," she said hugging Rachael, "you're good for him."

      She turned to her brother. "You," she said jabbing him with a finger, "be good to Ray.  You, I can replace but she's my best friend.  Understand."

     Cerulean smiled hugging Rachael to him, "got it, princess."

     "Okay.  Enjoy your time off then.  We'll see you when you return."

     Rachael laughed as Mags and Viridian left the party.

     "I think my sister likes you better than she likes me," he said looking down at her.

     "Think?" she asked.  "After that, I would dare say she does like me better than she likes you."

     "Well, I still have you, Mrs. O'Malley-Palette."


     "Yeah.  You do," she said putting her head on his shoulder.

                                                                                                         
Random Ramblings

   Okay. so they've tied the knot.  Finally,  I've just realized it but I'm skipping through time here.  I think this is about four months, four and 1/2 months since the jump from the beginning of the story.  My time does fly, certainly seems that way in real life at times.

   And is it just me or am I ending chapters on kisses more often than not. or at least pictures of kisses?  Course that's where most of the drama is.  Romance and conflict...

2 comments:

  1. I may or may not have gotten a few tears in my eyes when Rachael was talking about wishing her mom was at the wedding. :`(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. that part made me teary when I was writing it. But family is important to Rachael and she would definitely have wanted her mom to be there.

      Delete