Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Chapter 1.14: You've Grown Up

     "Okay, you have the number of where we'll be staying.  Call if anything happens we can be home in an hour."

     "Easy, Ray," Mags laughed, "I'm sure Rhidian, Patrick and I can handle the munchkins for a week.  It's not like they're evil geniuses bent on world domination."


     "I know, I know," Rachael said.

     Cerulean laughed walking up next to Rachael, "take it easy on her Mags.  She's never been away from the girls before."

     "Well, get going on your honeymoon then.  She seriously needs to relax," Mags retorted back at her brother.

     Rachael rolled her eyes at their ribbing and kneeled down in front of the kids.

     "Look after each other and listen to your dad, Rhidian and Mags.  Be good for Uncle Michael," she added.

     Rebecca and Ochre both nodded their heads.  River asked, "you are coming back right?"

     "Yes," Rachael tried to reassure her, kissing her on the cheek quickly before doing the same for Rebecca.


     She looked at Ochre who stepped back from hugging his dad to turn to her.  Rachael felt a lump in her throat when the little boy reached up to give her a hug too before running to play with his new step aunts.

     "I know you're not gonna listen Ray, but don't worry," Rhidian said.  "Like you just said Dad, Mags and I will be here to look after the kids."

     "Don't let it interfere with your job okay, both of your jobs," she said including Mags in her orders.

     "No worries Ray, I work from home so the location doesn't really bother me at all," Mags tried to reassure her.


     Rachael shook her head before giving Rhidian a hug, "I'll be back soon."

     Rachael squeaked when Rhidian squeezed her in a firm hug lifting her off her feet, "again, don't worry Ray.  I've got this now.  I can take care of our family for a week, so enjoy your honeymoon."

     Rhidian put her down and Rachael looked at him smiling.  "Sorry, I forgot," she said brushing some of his hair out of his eyes.

     "Forgot what?" he asked puzzled.

     "You've grown up," she answered.

     He smiled at her then.  It was still the same goofy grin but her little brother was truly a man now and no longer the scared not-a-man-but-not-a-child he had been when their mother died.

     "Ready Ray," Cerulean asked.

     Rachael smiled at her brother one more time before turning to her husband.

     "I'm ready." she said taking his hand and climbing into the taxi waiting to take them to the inn over in Oasis Springs where they would be staying.

                                                                                                                    
Random Ramblings

   So sweet.  When I began writing this chapter I meant to include the honeymoon in it as well, but I've decided to put that in a separate chapter now to shorten this one.  Technically right now in game Rhidian and Rhonan are still teens (don't know if I've mentioned that or not) in my real game I'm keeping them both in the house until their birthdays, they just happen to share their next birthday with Becks and I don't want her to be a teen yet and I'm not dealing with potions anymore this generation.

   Not sure if I'm gonna keep this outfit for Ray yet but I do like it.  Well, I'm gonna go right the next chapter now.

3 comments:

  1. Wait, she married him and she still doesn't know what he does for a living, does she? I remember him not wanting to talk about it and always avoiding it, is it something bad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No she doesn't know yet but she'll find out in upcoming chapters. I hope it doesn't come out as bad when you find out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww!!! So great. I'm excited about their life together.

    ReplyDelete