Thursday, January 8, 2015

Chapter 2.15: Not Your Daughter

     Emrys arrived at The Skill Center to pick up Saffron and Amy after their classes finished.

     Both girls were enjoying the extra lessons.  Saffron was excelling in her science classes and had begun to pick up some programming skill from the extra attention.  Amy was just enjoying the endless hours she could spend coloring and playing the piano since they didn't have one at home.

     Dinner every night since they started was full of talk about their lessons and what they were learning.

     "Mommy," Amy squealed seeing her mother at the entrance.


     "Hey mini-me," Emrys said hugging her daughter, "are you two done for the day."

     "Our classes are finished," Saffron said.  Emrys smiled and tweaked her cousin's hair.

     Saffron was always so serious when it came to learning.  She rarely behaved like a child since she was nearly a teen.

     "We can go home or stop at the park on our way there," she asked knowing the reaction she would get from both girls.


     "The park," they yelled in unison.

     Emrys laughed and took the girls by the hands.  "The park it is," she said.


     As soon as they arrived the girls ran ahead and to the pirate ship to play.

     Emrys walked slowly after them enjoying the sun and the wind as it blew.  She spent so much time working behind a computer or on assignment that she didn't enjoy just being out in the open very often.

     She smiled and waved to the girls calling her from the pirate ship.

     "Cute kid."


     Emrys stiffened at his voice.  She whirled around and gaped at the sim behind her.

     With a glance at the girls to make sure they were still playing Emrys stalked over to the sim.


     "What are you doing here Ritchie?" she hissed at him.

     "Can't a guy check on his daughter without getting the third degree," he smiled at her mockingly.

     "You and I both know Amy isn't your daughter so I'm going to ask you again.  What are you doing here?"

     "My boss found out about the missing tips at work and gave me the can.  So I'm in need of a new funding source," he said with a look.


     Emrys was shocked by what he was implying. "Hold up," she said with a wait gesture, "let me see if I got this right.  You're asking me to give you money.  Why in Sim nation would I do that?"

     "Well," he drawled out the word, "you don't want your family to know that you've been lying about who her father is all this time, do you?"


     "You two-timing, lying snake," she yelled.  "My family's never cared about her father or anything else to do with our relationship."

     His reaction to her yelling incited her temper further.  "From the very beginning they told me you weren't worth my time and I should have listened to them then.  Go ahead and tell them if you want but you will never get money from them or me."

     "You always were something else," he said nastily before stomping off.


     Emrys took deep breaths as she watched him leave and tried to control her temper.

     "Mommy?"


     Emrys turned to find Amy behind her.

     "What is it mini-me?" she asked.

     "Why are you mad?  Who was that?" she asked looking in the direction Ritchie had left.

     "He was just an annoying man and no one important," Emrys forced a smile.  "Go get Saffron and let her know it's time to leave."

     "Okay." she said turning around.

     "Saffron!" she yelled, "Mommy says it's time to leave."

     "I could have done that," Emrys shook her head in amusement as Saffron ran to them.

                                                                                      
Random Rambling

   Another clue to the mystery of Emrys and Amy. Oh and 'Ritchie' is a sim I got off the Gallery to play the part of the ex-boyfriend.  He only has a role in the story, he's not part of my actual game play.

   So any clue who the real baby-daddy is?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't wait to find out who it is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a few chapters until the big reveal. Do you have any guesses?

      Delete
    2. Not really, I'm terrible at guessing lol
      Have there been hints?

      Delete
    3. Not really. I'm just the type of person that guesses at events in movies and such before they happen. Also I was wondering if I was giving anything away before now.

      Delete
    4. Oh lol, I have no idea who could be. I just saw there's a new chapter so I'm going to go see what happens

      Delete