Thursday, January 15, 2015

Chapter 2.19: Hostage

     The sim on the bed stiffened before turning around and looking at Emrys.  Her jaw dropped and worked for a moment but she didn't make a sound.

     "Emrys," she finally breathed, her voice barely above a whisper.  Rebecca O'Malley stood and walked around the foot of the bed.


     Emrys nodded, "It's me Mom."

     She tumbled back a step when her mother threw herself into her arms.


     "Emrys, Emrys, Emrys," her mom repeated between sobs.  Emrys tightened her grip and buried her face in her mom's shoulder.  

     Her mom calmed slowly and managed to hold back her tears.  She pulled away from Emrys though she kept a grip on her hands and pulled Emrys over to the bed.

     "Why are you here?" Rebecca asked.


     "I was looking for evidence that Uncle Joel had killed you and dad but if you're here..."Emrys trailed off looking at her mom.

     Rebecca shook her head.  "He killed your father that night."

     "How did you get here," Emrys asked.  "The Jefferson Enforcers told us that you and Dad both died."

     Rebecca looked down, "He has enforcers on his payroll.  They came to the apartment after he shot your father and carried me out.  They probably made a false report to cover my disappearance.  Joel didn't kill me because he wanted what your father had.  The family fortune and me."

     Emrys grimaced and placed her hand on mother's but didn't ask the question.  She didn't want to know yet.

     "We can get you out of here mom," she said.  "You don't have to stay anymore.  I know Aunt Ray and Uncle Lean will help protect you until we can get Joel arrested."

     "No," Rebecca said and grabbed Emrys' arm startling her.  "I can't leave.  He has your brother somewhere."

     It was Emrys' turn to drop her jaw.  "I have a brother," she squeaked.

     "I was pregnant when he killed your dad.  Joel is using him to keep me under his control.  He keeps him somewhere else but I don't know where.  I only get to see him once a month when Joel is feeling 'generous'," she said the last word sarcastically.

     Emrys jumped when her phone buzzed in her pocket.


     She pulled it out and looked at it.

     "What is it," Rebecca asked.

     "Uncle Lean is telling us to wrap up our search and exit the building."

     "Us?" Rebecca echoed.

     "Emrys," Toya called from the hallway.

     Rebecca flinched at the voice.  Emrys stood up and opened the door stepping into the hall with Rebecca following behind her.


     Toya was startled.  Emrys could see it even with the glasses shading half his face.

     "Toya," she said quickly before he could react, "this is my mom.  Joel has been keeping her prisoner for all these years."

     His shock turned to thunder as she said this.  Toya nodded, "we can get you out of here, Mrs. O'Malley."

     "No," Emrys said while Rebecca shook her head.  "Joel is using my brother as a hostage and if mom leaves there's no telling what he might do to him."

     "The scum," Toya said, "okay.  I'll make sure the coast is clear first then we'll leave."

     He looked at Rebecca, "I'm sorry we have to leave you but I promise we'll come back for you."

     "Thank you," Rebecca said giving him a small smile.

     "I'll get you out of here somehow," Emrys said hugging her mom as Toya walked down the stairs.

     "If you could somehow find and save your brother that will be more than enough," Rebecca pleaded.

     "I'll find him but I'm not giving up on you either Mom." Emrys said.  She stood looking at her mom, "Now that I know you're alive I'll never give up on you."

     "Stay safe," Rebecca said.

     "I will.  I love you mom."

     "I love you, too."

                                                                                                
Random Ramblings

   So when I was moving Joel into one of the premade houses in Willow Creek I ended up bringing his entire household with him, which included Rebecca and Kaleb.  (Yes, they are still alive in game.  I didn't have the patience to really kill them when I was playing.  And now I'm glad cuz I can just create the brother for real and add him to the community.)  

   Like I've said somewhere before, I'm using the family to tell a story it just isn't the game play story.  I think robinsonfam said it best once.  His sims are like actors.  That's what my sims are here.  Actors.  In my story.

   To read robinsonfam's story (which I do recommend BTW) go here...

No comments:

Post a Comment