Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Chapter 1.25: Family News

     "Hey Ray.  Can I talk to you for a minute?"

     "Sure Rhidian.  What's up?"


     "Well, I was thinking we could talk in the living room," Rhidian said looking over his shoulder.

     Rachael looked where he did and saw River playing at the science table.

     "Okay," Rachael said getting up from the computer desk and walking to the living room.  Once inside she settled onto the loveseat while Rhidian took the seat next to her.

     "So, what did you want to talk about?"

     "Mags and I have been talking.  About me moving in with her since she's nearly always alone with Viridian traveling for work. But that would leave you and the kids here alone when Lean's gone so I guess that's not going to work afterall."

     "Rhidian stop," Rachael interrupted, "don't make your plans revolve around me and the kids.  Lean and I will work it out.  If you want to move out alone or in with Mags go for it.  It's your life we're talking about and I don't want you to regret anything."

     "You're sure Ray?"

     Rachael nodded and smiled at her brother, "of course."

     She turned around when footsteps sounded behind her. "Becks? Where are you going?"  


     "Out," she said continuing walking.


     "Wait," Rachael called struggling to get up from the chair.  By the time she was standing Rebecca was out the door, "when will you be back?"

     "Later."

     "Are you really just going to let her go Ray?" Rhidian asked as Rachael sat back on the couch again.

     "My last talk with Patrick was about Becks.  He said to talk to her so that's what I'm going to do.  The trick now is to just catch her and sit her down."

     "Alright.  Well Mags is going to come over for dinner."

     "Okay.  I'll make some pasta for dinner."

   
     After dinner Rachael shooed River and Ochre to go wash up and play in their rooms before bed.  Cerulean, Rhidian and Mags were laughing in the living room when Rachael joined them.

     "What's so funny?" she asked.

     "One of my cooks at work was told to make lobster tail for one of our fussiest diners.  Every time this sim comes in he finds something or other to complain about.  So the cook went out and bought cloth, sewed and stuffed it into a lobster tail doll to give to the man.  He said if our food wasn't good enough for him maybe the doll would suit his taste.  The look on his face was hilarious."

     Rachael chuckled and shook her head, "Is that really good for your business, Rhidian?"

     Rhidian shrugged, "he disturbed most of the other regulars enough that the entire floor cheered when my cook presented him the doll.  One of the regulars even stopped to ask him if he would make a bear for her granddaughter, so I figure it's all good."

     "But that's not what we wanted to talk about tonight," Rhidian said taking Mags hand.


     "Mags is pregnant.  You two are going to be an aunt and uncle."

     "Really," Rachael squealed looking at her friend.

     "Yeah, really.  Freaky right.  Can you imagine me as a mom?"


     Jumping up as best she could she went and pulled her friend up from the couch to hug her.  "You are going to be a great mom, Mags.  I know it."

     "Thanks Ray." Mags said pulling back.

     "I'm going to move in with Mags tonight.  We'll be back tomorrow morning to get my things.  I thought maybe Becks can take my room instead of sharing with Ochre and River now that she's a teen."

     "That sounds like a good idea.  We'll let her know when she gets home."

     "Thanks, Lean.  Well, I guess it's time for me to go and take Mags home," Rhidian said standing up.

     "You're going to be a family man," Rachael said hugging Rhidian at the door.

     "Yeah, but I'll still be your little brother if that makes you feel any better," he smirked at her.

     "Go on, kid.  Get your girl home safe," Rachael said playfully pushing him out the door.

     Rhidian laughed as he took Mags hand and the two walked away towards the bus stop.  They stopped once to turn back to the house and waved at Rachael and Cerulean who stood at the door still.  Cerulean raised his hand in response before pulling Rachael back into the house.


     "I don't think that's something I ever expected to hear," Cerulean said through the door.

     Rachael stood at the sink washing her hands, "why not?" she asked.


     "As long as I've known Mags she always said she was never going to have kids.  Saying the family can pass on to one of my or Viridian's daughters."

     "I guess she just finally met the right man to make her change her mind," Rachael said turning off the water.

     When she entered the bedroom Cerulean was sitting on the side of the bed nearest the bathroom.  She smiled at the frown on his face and sat next to him.

     "What's this for," she asked brushing a finger over the frown lines.  "Don't you think my brother is good enough for your sister?"

     "That's not it.  I guess...It's just that she's my little sister.  I still think of her as the gap-toothed, pig-tailed tomboy running behind Viridian and me when we were kids.  Not the woman she is today."

     Rachael laughed, "Yeah.  To me, my brothers are both still kids, just like Rebecca and River, but Rhidian's not anymore.  Not really."

     "Besides," Rachael continued, "if Mags is still a kid then so am I, since we're the same age, and where would that leave you Mr. Palette?"


     Cerulean chuckled and put an arm around her shoulders, "I get your point Ray.  She's not a kid.  He's not a kid.  And you are definitely not a kid cuz I can do this." He pressed a kiss to her lips.

     "Hmm, go on," Rachael encouraged.

     Cerulean laughed before pulling Rachael down to the bed with him.

                                                                                                        
Random Ramblings

   What to ramble about...yeah so in my head Lean is about 3 yrs older than Mags and Ray who are the same age and who are 3yrs older than the twins who are about 8 yrs older than Becks who is between 5 and 6 yrs older than River who is about 1 or 2 yrs older than Ochre.  It makes sense in my head but once I get to playing and taking pictures not so much since a child is a child whether he's just aged up or a day from teen.  That's one of the reasons I miss toddlers in Sims 4 the pictures.  In game play I'm glad they're not there (less stress) but the pictures are just not the same without them.

   Something else I noticed is I take a lot of pictures angled from behind Ray.  Not so much in this chapter but in future ones for sure.  I think part of that is I am storytelling from her point of view so that's how I frame pictures.  Oh, well.



No comments:

Post a Comment