Sunday, December 14, 2014

Chapter 2.4: When Did That Happen

     "So the clerk said there are only two one-bedroom rooms available." Ochre said, "Hunter and I can take one room and Toya and Emrys get the other."

     "Idiot," Emrys said grabbing the keys from him and tossing one set to Hunter.  "See you in the morning."


     Hunter smirked before he and Toya went to the other room.

     Ochre stood dumbfounded for a moment while Emrys unlocked the door to their room.  

     "How long has that been going on?" he asked after he entered the room.


     "You get the couch," Emrys said going to the bathroom.

     Ochre changed his clothes while Emrys moved around the bathroom.  "How long have they been dating," he asked again.

     "They told Aunt Ray and Uncle Lean last Feast Day.  Which you would know if you had bothered to show up at the house more than once every five years."

     "I was on a shipping run for Uncle Viridian.  I told Mom and Dad I couldn't make it," he said.

     "Whatever," Emrys said coming out of the bathroom, "we have to be at the police station in the morning."


     "I know the procedures, I've been doing this for years Em," Ochre said.

     "Don't call me that.  Only the people that care can call me that," Emrys turned on him.

     "You think I don't care," he yelled at her.

     "You were clear about where we stood with each other five years ago," Emrys said coldly, "I don't think anything has changed since then."


     She turned her back on him and climbed into the bed.  Ochre gound his teeth before dropping onto the couch.  He tossed and turned, trying to get comfortable until he was laying on his back with his feet hanging over the edge.

     He lay there in the dark listening to her breathe and tried to ignore the ache her words put in his chest.

                                                                                       
Random Ramblings

   Oh so much drama, so little time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment