Thursday, December 4, 2014

Chapter 1.26: Missing

     The next morning Rachael got up and made breakfast for the children.  Ochre and River ate quickly and left with Viridian who came by the house to take them to school.  Since the kidnapping attempt at the park either Cerulean, Viridian or Rhidian would walk them to and from school.  

     Rachael might have been annoyed by their almost sexist view that she wasn't able to protect the kids but since she was entering the last trimester of her pregnancy she was just glad not to make the walk anyways.

     "Becks," she asked knocking on the kids bedroom door.  "Are you in here?" she asked opening the door.


     Inside the beds were made and no one was there.

     Rachael pulled out her cell phone and scrolled through contacts until she found 'Becks'.  She hit the call button and waited for her to pick up.

     Rachael was surprised when a phone started ringing in the room.  Searching for it she found it under Rebecca's pillow.  The screen said Ray.  Rachael picked up the phone hit disconnect on hers.

     She looked at the second phone in her hand before putting it in her pocket.  She dialed the numbers that would call Cerulean at the home office at Mags house.


     "Is Rebecca over at Mags?" she asked when Cerulean answered the phone.

     "Not right now.  Let me ask Mags and Rhidian."

     Rachael waited impatiently while voices talked in the background.  She was getting a really bad feeling about this.

     "She hasn't been here.  What's wrong Ray," he asked.

     "She's gone," Rachael said feeling the words choke her.  "She left her phone here and she hasn't come home since she left yesterday."

     "Hold on Ray.  Don't go there yet.  I'll be home in an hour, until I get there try calling all her friends and see if she stayed over at one of their houses or something okay."

     "Okay. I'll do that just get home fast Lean."

     "I'm on my way."


     Little more than thirty minutes later the front door slammed open.

     "Ray?"

     "In here," Rachael called from her seat next to the fireplace.


     Cerulean walked through to the sitting area with another sim behind him.

     "Anything from her friends," he asked.

     "No.  None of them saw her yesterday.  None of them have seen her since school let out the last Thursday."


     Cerulean pulled Rachael into a hug when she started to cry.

     "We'll find her Ray.  I promise we'll find her."

     "I don't understand why she would run away," Rachael sobbed.

     "You can ask her when we find her.  Okay?"

     "Ahem," the other sim fake coughed behind them.

     "Come over here," Cerulean said.


      Once the other sim was next to them Cerulean introduced them.

     "Grey this is my wife Rachael.  Ray this is one of my cousins Grey, he's going to be your bodyguard when you have to leave for work."

     "Good to meet you," Rachael said, wiping tears from her eyes.  "I just wish it was under better circumstances."

     "We all do.  It's still nice to finally meet the woman who's made my cousin soooo...very happy."

     "Thank you," Rachael said hesitantly, confused by his phrasing.

     "I'll go do a sweep of the house while you talk, cousin."

     "Thanks," Cerulean said glaring at Grey as he walked out.

     "Talk about what?" Rachael asked when Grey left the room.


     Cerulean took her hands in his, "this wasn't how I wanted to tell you but I'm not going to keep secrets anymore.  I talked to my dad this morning, once I catch Eve and put her back in prison I'm going to start learning the business side of the agency."

     "Okaaaay," Rachael stretched the word out, unsure of what he was saying.

     Cerulean smiled, "I'm going to retire from the field after this case and find Becks.  I'm going to take over my dad's job in the agency."

     "Really?"


     "Really.  I'm going to be here for our family," he said leaning over to rub his hand over her belly, "I'm not going to be MIA anymore when you need me most."

      "Then you need to get back to work mister, so you can come home full time faster."


     "Yes ma'am," he said kissing her on the cheek, "I'm going to find them both."

                                                                               
Random Ramblings

   So some set up for future story lines.  I promise I'm not done with the Eve's story line yet.  Lean has to catch her before his family is safe after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment